Touch macro or IFTTT-like solution on notification

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just installed a Ring Spotlight Camera which is managed through the Ring app.

If at all possible, I'd like the Ring camera motion alerts and auto lights to be active when my home alarm system is active- generally while at work, sleeping or traveling.

Scheduling this and all exceptions is not ideal. Is there an IFTTT-like solution, a script or similar that could enable these functionalities, when the notification of my alarm being set is received?

Even "physically" going into the Ring app if needed enabling this using touch macro? It would need to disable the same functionalities when the alarm off notification is received.

The push notifications are received across all my Android devices, sent from the home alarm app. If a dedicated device is needed, I can spare one for this task only. The alarm is a Swedish home alarm system, not one of the major international ones, based on Honeywell hardware.

Any tips of IFTTT-solutions, touch macro apps that can react on notifications would be appreciated!

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
All of that depends on what APIs the alarm company has made available. They should have an app that gives you certain abilities to monitor/access the system. What an app like IFTTT (or more likely Tasker, which isn't free) can access depends on how that app is written. You'd have to install IFTTT to see what it can access and, if it can't do what you need, try Tasker (and probably a few add-ins, like Secure Settings). (Experience in programming would help here - you're trying to develop a program using drag&drop. If you really need to get into it deeper, remember - Android is running in Linux, so if they have a Linux program that can run in an ARM processor, you might have to go that way.)

peer-v

May 19, 2019
Visit site
Thread starter here. Looks like I have a working solution based in Tasker + AutoInput and keeping a device plugged in and “always on” using Android Developer options. Will see if works out long term. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude