Why is collage option not working?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Always made collages in gallery, but now it is just a black screen. Have restarted phone several times, but still won't work.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What phone? What gallery app? Has an update to either the phone or the app been installed since it last worked?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Jennifer Pacis

May 19, 2019
Visit site
Sorry. .. that info. Would be helpful. Galaxy s9+ and the gallery app that came with the phone (not sure if that clarifies). No recent updates that I am aware of. Been about a week since I last used it.

elitepuckster

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem and figured out how to fix it.

1. Go into Gallery and open any picture.
2. Click on the pencil icon below the picture to go into photo editor.
3. Once your picture is in photo editor, click on the 3 dot menu in the upper right hand corner.
4. Choose About Photo Editor. (This will let you know if you are on the current version of photo editor or if you need to upgrade.)

I did the upgrade to version 2.6.24.13 and it fixed the collage black screen issue.

Hope this helps!

Elite

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
THANK YOU!!!

i was going crazy trying to figure it out and even went so far as to contact Samsung yesterday. They had me do all sorts of stupid stuff and told me I needed to do a factory reset...obviously do not know what they are doing!

This fix has made my afternoon, so thanks again!

Skater808

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
I was having the same problem and figured out how to fix it.

1. Go into Gallery and open any picture.
2. Click on the pencil icon below the picture to go into photo editor.
3. Once your picture is in photo editor, click on the 3 dot menu in the upper right hand corner.
4. Choose About Photo Editor. (This will let you know if you are on the current version of photo editor or if you need to upgrade.)

I did the upgrade to version 2.6.24.13 and it fixed the collage black screen issue.

Hope this helps!

Elite

This really helped...thank you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

chef ette

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
Figured out how to mske collages....click on you photo app....click on albums.....scroll until you find collage folder....you will see a + sign click on it and continue to make your collage as you used to! Just discovered this!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech