CCTV on WiFi but not data... [Solved]

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I can view my household cctv on WiFi but not on mobile data...I get advised 'log-in failed'.

kajalvirani

May 21, 2019
Visit site
Normally such a thing does not happen. If we access our CCTV on wi-fi then it should be working fine on mobile data also. Please check if CCTV App has properly set up its settings because internet service provider doesn't block any such kind of apps.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Normally such a thing does not happen. If we access our CCTV on wi-fi then it should be working fine on mobile data also. Please check if CCTV App has properly set up its settings because internet service provider doesn't block any such kind of apps.

Not exactly. Again, if the app/hardware is designed for locally connected networks and the network you're on doesn't have a public IP (most home connections don't), it might work in WiFi (because you're INSIDE the network) but mobile data will need the external IP to work with.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Are you the OP? Can you post a screen shot of your configuration screen with the dns? Block out any personally identifying info.

Barrie Sheerman

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Advised by Swann (cctv camera/dvd manufacturer) to obtain my mobile's IP address from canyouseeme.org and use that on the configuration screen. Everything now working fine on WiFi and data. Easy when you know how! Many thanks to all of you who answered my query.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419