Up until I ran update yesterday I could run an alphabetical sort and play all the music . the "Shuffle " Option is a broken algorithm that omits some songs or won't play song of the same name. What do I have to do get the option I prefer back?
    Also Why is Google Play Music not able to discern the difference between Music and Audio Books... all the audio book readers can but Play Music cannot. So you get music and then with out any request from you, it will start some random out of order playing of a chapter. The books are on the onboard memory and the music is on the SD card. I never find any music listed with the Book chapters in the reader but Google just lumps all recordings together ... truly stupid Geeks at work
    05-26-2019 09:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! On my Pixel 3 XL, the Google Play Music app automatically sorts all songs alphabetically. Yours are completely random? If you're talking about locally saved songs (on Internal Storage or an SD card), could it be that it's sorting the songs alphabetically using the actual filename, rather than the embedded ID3 tag for the song title?

Remember, you can always send feedback about issues. I'm sure you think that feedback gets ignored, but realistically, how are the developers going to know about user issues if they don't get feedback? There have been a number of times where I've sent feedback to Google about an issue and at some point in the future (sometimes a few weeks, but sometimes just a few days), it gets fixed. Was it my feedback along that was responsible? Of course not, but the more feedback they get about a problem, the more likely they'll look into it.

I know a bunch of people who work at Google. They're not stupid.
    05-27-2019 12:44 AM