CSC Code Change Samsung Galaxy S10

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Bought a phone secondhand and I am unable to change the APN settings so based on some searching I came across a thread that mentioned changing my CSC code using the *#272*IMEI# method. I do not care about resetting the device. I simply want to change the APN and it looks like if I change this code the device will update firmware as though the device is unbranded. I am assuming this will allow me to edit/add APN. Two questions, if I use the CSC change method mentioned and simply pick a sales code will it simply update my firmware without risk? Second, is there an easier way to change APN without rooting my phone?(APN settings are grayed out and unavailable)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Bought a phone secondhand and I am unable to change the APN settings so based on some searching I came across a thread that mentioned changing my CSC code using the *#272*IMEI# method. I do not care about resetting the device. I simply want to change the APN and it looks like if I change this code the device will update firmware as though the device is unbranded. I am assuming this will allow me to edit/add APN. Two questions, if I use the CSC change method mentioned and simply pick a sales code will it simply update my firmware without risk? Second, is there an easier way to change APN without rooting my phone?(APN settings are grayed out and unavailable)
You should be able to add a APN if the other is grey out,. To change the CSC you'll need Odin and root

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY