White underline of lockscreen time stamp on android tablet has tiny white vertical line/notch

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all. Hard to describe as I am not a techie but on my lockscreen's timestamp which is underlined with a solid white line, there is always a tiny small vertical white line/notch that periodically moves along the main line. Best case scenario would be to upload a screenshot but either being tremendously blonde and not seeing an option to do so or as a first-timer on these forums am not privy to protocols. Feeling rather ignorant but have been having rather severe hacking issues on the majority of my devices and rather overwhelmed. Any input would be very much appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's the kind of thing that causes most good developers to die of extreme baldness or heart attack. It's a little glitch - either in the screen itself or somewhere in the app putting the line there or in the video driver. It's almost not noticeable (but probably drives you to distraction), but could take a developer a year to find, working on nothing else for the entire year. (We had a database with a little problem like that - after 6 months of 3 of us trying to find the problem, a user found how to duplicate it at will - then it took about 5 minutes to fix. But we put 18 man-months into it.) I doubt that anyone is ever going to find the cause of that - unless an update fixes it - then something in the update bulletin (Google | Pixel Update Bulletins) may give us a clue to what the problem was (like "fixed a little problem with the screen driver").

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It made me smash my fist onto my desk many times. Then you finally get a copy of the source code with the comments left in, and a line you can't figure out at all has the comment "because Mary said so". Who's Mary? I've been here 2 years, and there's never been a developer here named Mary in those 2 years. But I have to read her mind anyway.

That's just how development works. (Or, usually, doesn't work.) Lots of "fun" moments.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non