"Settings Keep Stopping" message pops up when trying to access settings

Yanish Beejadarsing

Jun 29, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I recently encountered an issue with my samsung A8 2018. When i try to access the settings, i get the error message "Settings Keep Stopping". I cannot enter any settings since everything links back to this main setting. When I try go to App Info, it crashes again. Cannot do a factory reset because it is found in settings. Tried access it from search menu too but still crashes. Can someone please assist?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I recently encountered an issue with my samsung A8 2018. When i try to access the settings, i get the error message "Settings Keep Stopping". I cannot enter any settings since everything links back to this main setting. When I try go to App Info, it crashes again. Cannot do a factory reset because it is found in settings. Tried access it from search menu too but still crashes. Can someone please assist?
You can factory reset in recovery , turn your phone off , before it restarts hold volume up and power button same time until you get recovery mode then select factory reset

itheresa

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
Hello there, my Samsung galaxy tab 4's settings keep crashing, with leaving no error message behind, I open the app, closes after approximately 0.5 seconds, and in that short time I can select things in the settings menu, how can I fix this? Or else I cant access settings no more. Aslo with this update of chrome, my Google Chrome keeps saying I have to make an update, and did.... 3 times! So I can't access the site someone suggested, tried updating from the app store, dint work out. Android please help me...:confused:

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello there, my Samsung galaxy tab 4's settings keep crashing, with leaving no error message behind, I open the app, closes after approximately 0.5 seconds, and in that short time I can select things in the settings menu, how can I fix this? Or else I cant access settings no more.
Try factory reset

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Here's the text from that link:

[h=3]Turn on and use safe mode[/h]Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. When Samsung appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode on the device.
  7. Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

[h=3]Turn off safe mode[/h]
  1. Press and hold the Power key.
  2. Tap Restart.
  3. The devices restarts in normal mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol