My samsung SM T-280 will not open

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Recent contract with Three for a SM T-280 haven't yet used it after 3 months because it demands gmail account and password to open it.Have hard reset it,repeatedly put password in and it's rejected so the device is not usable.Is Three responsible? (this was a free device attached to another Samsung tablet on a contract which works)Is Google responsible for constantly refusing the password,the cache has been emptied or is Samsung responsible with it's system of security refusing to allow the device to be opened?
To sum up,it seems unless I pay a Samsung shop to 'open' this device it is dead.
Is there a way of dealing with this over the top security method which is being complicated by a Gmail account or is it a case of being forced to pay Samsung to open it?Many thanks for any information I can learn from to resolve the issue

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Three have provided you with a device that is unusable as you can't access it without knowing the Google account details that the previous user placed on the Tab. It is Three's responsibility as you shouldn't have received it in that condition so take it back.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like they gave you a previously owned tablet whose owner didn't properly remove their Google account from the device prior to handing it back in. Three should've tested this before giving it to you. Bring it back to them and show them what you're having to deal with, then ask them for a replacementt. And this time, set it up before you leave the Three store, to make sure you don't get another unit with the same issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis