How do I play spotify in my Vauxhall Insignia?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I have spotify on the Samsung 10, and plenty of downloaded tracks (although I'd expect to also be able to play ones not downloaded using data), but when I put the cable from the phone into the USB port in the car, it does not bring up the option to play anything with spotify.
I have the phone paired so it works for handsfree calls, but really desperate to get the spotify thing sorted, as that's a lot of time in the car listening to the radio otherwise! :(
Has anyone had a similar issue an how was it overcome?
Really appreciate any help, please.
Cheers,
Duncan

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Does your vehicle support Android Auto? If not, you'll likely need an AUX cord to plug in to the AUX-in on the car in order to play music through the car radio.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

duncan32

Jul 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi and thanks for the reply.
I have joined.
So, I have checked and my car is too old to be compatible according to the Vauxhall website.
I used the lead that came with the mobile to link to the USB in the car. Is this not the correct way to do this?
Sorry, I am not sure what the difference between that and an AUX cord to the AUX in, is?
Thanks again and sorry to be dumb on this :)
Duncan

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome. An AUX cord plugs into the headphone jack on the phone and the related jack in the vehicle. I'm not entirely familiar with your device but generally Android devices have not output audio through a USB link like you're trying to do so you would need that AUX cable.

duncan32

Jul 15, 2019
Visit site
Ah I see, thanks.
I'll pop to the shop, so it needs to plug into the headphone Jack on my mobile and then to the USB input in the vehicle. fingers crossed, I'll confirm if it works or not. Thanks again. Duncan

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Welcome. An AUX cord plugs into the headphone jack on the phone and the related jack in the vehicle. I'm not entirely familiar with your device but generally Android devices have not output audio through a USB link like you're trying to do so you would need that AUX cable.

My S10 can do this in my M4 so I think the issue is with the car

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
NOT the earphone to the USB jack, the earphone jack to the AUX jack on the car. Which is normally just a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male.

The USB port in the car radio is for mp3 players, which your phone isn't. And you can't fake it on the phone. If there's no AUX jack on the radio, there are adapters that slide into the cassette slot if the phone plays cassettes. Or there are FM transmitters - you plug that into the earphone jack (or connect to it by Bluetooth if it's Bluetooth input) and tune the radio to one of several frequencies you can set the transmitter to - one of them should be clear of any station. (None of these things are expensive - they run from about US$10-$25 [about £8-£20].)

Last edited:

duncan32

Jul 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, just a big thanks for all the advice, I have got the male to male jack and it has solved the problem, makes a big difference to my commute to and from work, so much appreciated indeed!