My old s7 has better and more available screen settings than the simple 2 on the s10+ plus. Colors dont pop as much, whites arent as white and blacks arent as black.

Any reason why they'd go out of their way to remove options like AMOLED and adaptive displays and replace all of them with just "vivid" and "natural"?
    07-16-2019 11:50 PM
    My old s7 has better and more available screen settings than the simple 2 on the s10+ plus. Colors dont pop as much, whites arent as white and blacks arent as black.

Any reason why they'd go out of their way to remove options like AMOLED and adaptive displays and replace all of them with just "vivid" and "natural"?
    Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.

I have the s10+ it's a pretty accurate display in colors maybe that's why it looks less vivid.
    I'll link where you can register, like to hear back
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    ErikB335 likes this.
    07-17-2019 12:10 AM
    After a long arduous process I had to make a new account lol.

Side by side the s10+ has a noticable contrast difference than the s7, diminishing quality altogether. Is there any way to change this? I've messed around with RGB under Vivid, screen is at its highest resolution, power mode is set to allow high performance, messed around with color personalization and none of it matches the cleaner quality I had on an older phone. No contrast theme is enabled either.
    07-17-2019 12:40 PM
    After a long arduous process I had to make a new account lol.

Side by side the s10+ has a noticable contrast difference than the s7, diminishing quality altogether. Is there any way to change this? I've messed around with RGB under Vivid, screen is at its highest resolution, power mode is set to allow high performance, messed around with color personalization and none of it matches the cleaner quality I had on an older phone. No contrast theme is enabled either.
    Hi, thanks for registering.
    The only thing I can say , if you go to accessibility you can tweak the colors there , see maybe if that helps.
    ErikB335 likes this.
    07-17-2019 12:56 PM
    Sadly no :/

That's where I found the color personalization, where you choose the closest matching color to another and what not. It made a noticable difference in overall brightness of the display but not much else.

I appreciate your help though. Still loving the phone and all it has to offer. Still has amazing quality in all aspects of function and design, it's only when I have the phones side by side on the same image that I notice a difference in seemingly just contrast and whites/blacks
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-17-2019 03:35 PM
    Sadly no :/

That's where I found the color personalization, where you choose the closest matching color to another and what not. It made a noticable difference in overall brightness of the display but not much else.

I appreciate your help though. Still loving the phone and all it has to offer. Still has amazing quality in all aspects of function and design, it's only when I have the phones side by side on the same image that I notice a difference in seemingly just contrast and whites/blacks
    No luck sorry
    Yeah overall it's a really good phone , if you get time you can go into the s10 forums and interact with bunch great people there .
    Have you used power share ? You can charge another phone or watch with your s10+
    07-17-2019 03:41 PM
    I had a look at my S10 and I think you've done all you can. I haven't got an S7 but I have an S8 that my wife now has and compare. Personally I have never thought about it (I probably will now!)
    07-17-2019 04:09 PM
    I had a look at my S10 and I think you've done all you can. I haven't got an S7 but I have an S8 that my wife now has and compare. Personally I have never thought about it (I probably will now!)
    Yeah couldn't compare with my s8+ battery went , only my s9+,NOTE9 to the s10+ and s10+ does look a little dull in comparison maybe because it's better calibrated for color accuracy
    07-17-2019 04:14 PM
    I could have checked an S6 Edge but it hasn't survived a boil wash. Still have my S4 too
    07-17-2019 04:31 PM
    I could have checked an S6 Edge but it hasn't survived a boil wash. Still have my S4 too
    My s6edge shattered last year I got rid of it .
    My note 2 and 4 still around .need batteries but not bothering kids cracked the screen still usable.
    07-17-2019 04:36 PM