HTC 10 *How to fix Capacitive Buttons -Screen Replaced

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On my HTC 10, the battery bit the dust, so I recently replaced my battery (and had to replace my screen, mid-frame, sim card reader, ear piece speaker, charge port/capacitive button ribbons because of all the taking apart, putting together taking apart, putting together I had to do because of *2* dud screen replacements).

I now have a working screen and everything together but my back key and recents key are not working. They do not light up, are not responsive to touch -both when touching through the screen and touching directly on them.

Is there a certain way to tape these? A setting that I have redo? Or, is the new charge port/capacitive ribbons defective?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
On my HTC 10, the battery bit the dust, so I recently replaced my battery (and had to replace my screen, mid-frame, sim card reader, ear piece speaker, charge port/capacitive button ribbons because of all the taking apart, putting together taking apart, putting together I had to do because of *2* dud screen replacements).

I now have a working screen and everything together but my back key and recents key are not working. They do not light up, are not responsive to touch -both when touching through the screen and touching directly on them.

Is there a certain way to tape these? A setting that I have redo? Or, is the new charge port/capacitive ribbons defective?
Hi, if you like to register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.

This a link for ifixit see if that might help
https://www.ifixit.com/

If you like to ask more questions I'll leave link to register.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

kw_da

Jul 19, 2020
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but this just happened to me. I'm leaving an update so it may help someone. It turns out that when you replace the battery, you may pull out the ribbon cable that connects to the buttons. It will still be attached, just not all the way in the socket. You just need to release the ribbon cable and re-connect it. If you have replaced your own battery, you will know how to take the phone apart, otherwise there are a bunch of youtube videos. Good Luck

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but this just happened to me. I'm leaving an update so it may help someone. It turns out that when you replace the battery, you may pull out the ribbon cable that connects to the buttons. It will still be attached, just not all the way in the socket. You just need to release the ribbon cable and re-connect it. If you have replaced your own battery, you will know how to take the phone apart, otherwise there are a bunch of youtube videos. Good Luck
Hi, welcome to AC!