Pics sent in messaging when enlarged show a phantom pic

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I bought a LG Tribute Empire from Sprint store 2 weeks ago and have been having issues with sending pics in messaging.

When I send a pic in messaging it shows another phantom/already deleted pic from gallery or pic sent to me that was not saved when i click to enlarge it in messaging.

I went into settings and and then into apps/ messaging and then camera and cleared cache. This alleviated the issue for a few hours only.

When I went to exchange the phone I was told it's an Android issue and not the phone. They would not exchange the phone.

They said that I would have to wait until Android came up with a new download to correct the problem? This doesn't sound legit to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154
I bought a LG Tribute Empire from Sprint store 2 weeks ago and have been having issues with sending pics in messaging.

When I send a pic in messaging it shows another phantom/already deleted pic from gallery or pic sent to me that was not saved when i click to enlarge it in messaging.

I went into settings and and then into apps/ messaging and then camera and cleared cache. this alleviated the issue for a few hours only.

When I went to exchange the phone I was told it's and android issue and not the phone. They would not exchange the phone.

They said that I would have to wait until android came up with a new download to correct the problem? This doesn't sound legit to me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The LG Tribute Empire is a Sprint/Boost phone. No other Android phone running Android 8.1 exhibited the problem, so it's a Sprint problem. (It could be in Android - Sprint is allowed to modify Android - but Sprint has to come up with the fix and after almost 7 months, I don't think they will.)

Most Sprint stores are independently-owned, and if they exchange the phone, they lose money, and don't want to/can't afford to/the salesdroids are told not to (depending on the store). Bring it to a Sprint company-owned store. If they don't have one that's been fixed (if it was going to be, it would have been by now), ask them to please exchange it for a different phone (you may have to pay the difference - you should not have to pay a restocking fee for a known-defective-out-of-the-box phone).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See what happens if you clear cache and data from both the Messaging app and the Gallery app. Be aware that clearing data from the Messaging app might wipe out any message threads you saved.