I keep receiving empty messages from my contacts I was not it touch a months. It just says 'conversation with my contact name)'. I do not use messenger or whats app. I used to do that.
    My phone is huawei smart p 2019.
    08-07-2019 03:25 PM
    I keep receiving empty messages from my contacts I was not it touch a months. It just says 'conversation with my contact name)'. I do not use messenger or whats app. I used to do that.
    My phone is huawei smart p 2019.
    Hi, welcome to AC forums, me or other members would be happy to assist you but if we need to ask additional questions you'll need to register as a member to respond . I'll provide a link to register so you can reply and communicate with us .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-07-2019 03:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the stock messaging app? Do these messages say "Tap to Download"?
    Hydra119 likes this.
    08-07-2019 06:13 PM
    Hi and thank you.
    I am using default message app installed on a phone.
    These messages are empty and at the bottom there is a text saying - conversation with 'my contact'.
    The point is i did not talk to these contacts for some time.
    Now it gets really strange. Few days ago yahoo mail sent an access code to my phone and instantly i got a message with chinese symbols, 2 secs later i received an access code from one of my contacts phone number. It worked. I did a hard reset instantly.
    Hydra119 likes this.
    08-07-2019 08:06 PM
    Can you explain in more detail about this access code? Do you mean you got an email on your Yahoo Mail account from someone about an access code? If so, who sent it? Or are you saying the Yahoo Mail app gave you a notification that someone was trying to log into your Yahoo account, and you opened the Yahoo Mail app and approved the login using the Account Key option in the app?
    Hydra119 likes this.
    08-07-2019 08:32 PM
    So, I have set up a double verification to access my yahho email, apart from typying in password I need to type in an access code I get from yahoo. These numbers from yahoo are random and consist a code.
    I am not using yahoo email on my phone, just use it on my laptop.
    So, I expected to receive a message with an access code and instead of that I got one sms with chinese letters and immediately the second one from one of my contacts with the proper access code which worked alliwing me to access my yahoo email.
    I contacted a person I reiceved an access code from but she was as suprised as me.
    I immediately did a hard reset of the phone and now I receive the strange empty messages I described above.
    Hydra119 likes this.
    08-07-2019 10:10 PM
    Seriously I do not know what to think of it. It looks to me loke I had some malware but I used an lookout and malware bytes and after scanning nothing was found.
    08-07-2019 10:13 PM
    I have also gotten strange empty messages on the stock messaging app on my phone. I hadn't had a phone for a while, and ordered a new one. When I switch it on, I get a whole lot of messages that say “download". I didn't get them on my old phone, and not after I switched the primary messaging app to Pulse. Wonder why?
    08-07-2019 10:31 PM
    So, I have set up a double verification to access my yahho email, apart from typying in password I need to type in an access code I get from yahoo. These numbers from yahoo are random and consist a code.
    I am not using yahoo email on my phone, just use it on my laptop.
    So, I expected to receive a message with an access code and instead of that I got one sms with chinese letters and immediately the second one from one of my contacts with the proper access code which worked alliwing me to access my yahoo email.
    I contacted a person I reiceved an access code from but she was as suprised as me.
    I immediately did a hard reset of the phone and now I receive the strange empty messages I described above.
    Do you still have those messages? If so, can you share a screenshot? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    08-07-2019 11:38 PM
    When I switch it on, I get a whole lot of messages that say “download".
    If it says "Tap to Download," that usually means they're MMS messages (i.e., picture texts or group texts), and there's a problem with your mobile data (e.g., it's off, or it has poor reception, or the APN settings are incorrect).
    08-07-2019 11:39 PM
    Unfortunately I do not have them as I panicked and deleted them and did a hard reset. It was stupid as I should have taken at least a picture of it. The first sms was with chinese signs and I put it into google translator got exactly the same even when I set it to translate into english. The second message was like typical one from yahoo with access code apart from the sender who was a person in my contact list. I contacted the person and was told she did not send any message.
    What amazes me, the code I received worked.
    08-08-2019 12:08 AM
    Someone tried to access your account. Yahoo security sent a tpw, probably due to their security algorhythm. The verification came to you, the phone of record.
    Turn on 2fa where possible and change your password. Good luck
    08-08-2019 06:39 AM
    This is what I do including a reset. Yet still do not know about empty messages from my contacts. There is just information o srarted a conversation what I did not do.
    08-08-2019 06:55 AM
    Has anyone anyone else noticed unusual problems with Huawe? They seem to be a all over the board.
    08-08-2019 07:14 AM