Is it normal for System/user data to take a so much space?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Glaxay a10e, and its brand new, I don't have many large apps, no photos, no videos, and I went to my storage since it said it was low. And lo and behold more than half of my storage is being used. I for some reason had 15.2 GB of "System/User Data" I was baffled and just factory reset my phone since it had nothing important on it yet. After the hard reset, I went back to the files, and IT STILL HAD 15+ GB OF SYSTEM/USER DATA. I tried to research and all I found was other people having about, 5-8 GB of it, the total space is 32GB and about half of it is being used. All of the above have been done recently and still have nothing important. Please help, is the "System/user data" important?? If not how do I delete it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! From the specs here, it looks like at least some versions have only 21 GB out of 32 GB available to the user (which means 11 GB are used by the OS and preinstalled bloatware): https://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-A10e_id11210. It's hard to say if the remaining 4 GB in question for you are additional bloatware due to your particular variant, or if there's some other app you installed that's using a big chunk of storage for cache or data.

Eliastar

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
So I'm not allowed to delete it? It was advertised as 32GB of storage. Its technically false advertisement, as I dont have ANYTHING on the phone and I can only use ½ of advertised storage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OllieFallon10