non existent voice mail

harrytherid

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Most times I turn on my Moto G4 2nd gen. it tells me I have voice mail and to dial (if my memory serves me) 901. So far there has only ever been one message and as a result I ignore the message now. However I am constantly aware that there might be a message and it might be important so I am nervous of ignoring it but don't like wasting money on wasted calls.

Is there a solution? Is there a way of making it only tell me of a message that is actually there?

I have asked this before but did not receive a message that helped at all. Can anyone help now? Is there a solution?

Yours, Harry

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are you seeing the notification? Is it in the status bar, or is it an unread count badge on the app icon?

It's really best if you register on the forum. Perhaps somebody answered your previous question, but since you're probably not registered yet, it's hard to track those guest questions.

harrytherid

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I already registered but I can not see a way to log in without registering again. Username harrytherid. The notification is on the page immediately after switching on and before signing in. When I try to access it I get a blank message which is no help[ at all and is the problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
[I changed your name on the first post.]

If there's a read message in voicemail, there's a message in voicemail. Listen to it, then delete it. (Voicemail is done on a server maintained by your carrier - there's no way you can do anything to it on the phone.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you're referring to a lockscreen notification. When you unlock the screen, and then swipe down the notification panel, do you see the notification for the voicemail there as well?

Are you using one of the Android Central apps to access the forums, or the full website on your computer browser?

harrytherid

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
No B Diddy,

When I switch on the phone and before I do anything else, there is the notification. When I go to the next screen (put in my pin) there is no further indication.

In answer to your last question:- This time I got to here by the full website though in the past I have set the query up as a favourite and got to it that way.

harrytherid

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
No B.DIDDY, it had not worked. Turned the phone on this afternoon and got the message. Dialed the 901 and all I got was a bleep and no message so more money wasted. What can be wrong and how can I sort it? Any more ideas?

harrytherid

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Yes you did say that earlier but I forgot. I shall not forget again. I shall do it when it next does it. I am with GiffGaff for my PAYG but before I changed I was with O2 and it was just the same.

Yours Harry

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908