I'm sorry if this question has been answered already but I've spent 15+ minutes on Google and was unable to find anything that helps.

So I've recently upgraded from an Android 6 phone to a Nokia with Android 9, and I've found the latter has quite an annoyingly counterintuitive settings app. For example, my phone kept automatically connecting with my Bluetooth speakers every time I turned them on, even though Bluetooth was disabled on my phone and I didn't even want to use the speakers for my phone. I'm not stupid, so I figure there was some auto Bluetooth feature that I needed to turn off, so I went to settings, and found the Bluetooth part, but there was nothing mentioning auto connecting or anything. So after 5 minutes on Google I found there's this thing called "Bluetooth scanning" that I had to disable. Turns out this feature is under security, somehow, and you have to go to location, for some reason, and then scroll past a list of apps that use your location, because why wouldn't you, to finally see something called scanning and in there you can turn it of. Of course I only found out this path by searching it on the bar in Settings, as I would have never guessed that it was under location in security. It's happened with other features as well, like when my WiFi kept turning on automatically. Took me so long to find out the exact name of the feature on Google and then search for it in settings with the search bar. My guess is I must be with some sort of simplified settings or something that makes everything extra hard for me, I hope. Apparently a lot has changed since android 6, and that's a good thing, so there are a lot of features that might be useful to other people but not for me, and I can't waste my time and energy figuring out what they're called so that I can search them and turn them off, when I could easily just look around in settings and turn them off.

TL;DR: I find it really hard to find what I'm looking for in settings and searching doesn't help because I don't know the exact terms. Is there a way to switch the way settings are displayed or something or am I stuck with it?
    10-02-2019 09:48 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-02-2019 09:54 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, you're stuck with how the system settings menu is set up. The search bar on the settings menu can be helpful to find specific options.

Regarding Bluetooth and Wi-fi Scanning -- that should only be to improve location accuracy. If your Bluetooth toggle is turned off but Bluetooth Scanning is on, it shouldn't connect to Bluetooth devices for audio. That sounds like a bug to me.
    10-03-2019 02:16 PM
    Android 6 was a major change from Android 4, which was a major change from Android 2. So if you started back early enough, you've been through this sort of thing a few times already. (Not to mention the 5 or 6 major changes to Maps, and changes to a lot of other apps. We get used to that.) I don't know if iOS is different - Apple may leave things the way they are through 10 versions - or them may mix them up with every version update. Microsoft does it to Windows. Ubuntu has done it.

About the only operating system you can still run, that hasn't changed in a few decades, is CP/M-86.

The only way to change the way the settings are displayed is to extract an apk from the app, decompile it and rewrite it, then compile it to an apk, uninstall the original and install your modified version. There are no settings for the order of settings.
    10-03-2019 03:19 PM