Email app that renders plain-text/fixed-width correctly?

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
All of my IT admin stuff needs data to be nicely formatted and legible, and that is only possible with fixed width fonts like Courier New, Lucida Console, etc.

I've tried Nine, Gmail and Samsung Email, and none of them respect the email's source formatting and force-convert the email to whichever font the app uses.

Is there any app out there that will get the job done?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Email protocol calls for text, not formatting. If your app "renders" anything but alphanumerics, you're using an app that's doing things in addition to email. If you use a plain email, it "renders" all text in whatever font you choose (or the font the developer chooses), and "renders" HTML as what you'd see if you looked at the "source code" of a web page.

If you need stuff formatted in a particular way, use word, and attach the document to an email.

[Android Apps is for app developers, to get help developing apps. I'm moving this to Ask a Question for better coverage.]

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
In your email app, check to see that any settings for plain text is not set to "flow".

I did see that option in one of the clients I tried, but it didn't do anything like I was hoping for.

However, I did find a client that achieves my objective: Aquamail.

To appreciate what I was trying to achieve, compare the screenshots below. One from Samsung Email and the second from Aquamail. There are, of course, more complex and messy examples. View attachment 311754

Attachments

• 20191016_130501.jpg
    20191016_130501.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress