IMEI Galaxy S5 G900V model mismatched to model code?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 G900V (or so I thought) phone on ebay. Checked with the seller about compatibility with ATT sim etc. Told yes, bc Verizon product? it was already "unlocked" so changing the APN would be necessary and so I did all I was supposed to do. Things werent working so well- I did some research and discovered my "new" S5 isn't an S5 at all!!! IMEI is Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 model which explains the 3G icon if I turn on mobile data, but it doesnt work so....
I searched the model code and it registers as S5!?!? Now I'm really confused, returning the 900V to the seller bc i bought an S5 NOT an S3 masquerading as an S5.
Do I have a problem with my facts? seriously bc I'm just frustrated to think i've been taken advantage of by a "reputable" seller....Thank you

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't have a problem, the seller does. Contact eBay and let them know what you told us. They should help you. (Phones of that era can't run on both AT&T and Verizon - different motherboards, different modems. The seller either doesn't know anything about cellphones, or was deliberately ripping you off.)