can i get my messages across two devices

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

half the time i leave my phone in the car and would love my messages on my tablet

my friends have theres with there Iphones and ipads and would like to know can i do this with android

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or ...

Port your number to Google Voice (for a one-time $20 fee). You'll need a new number for your phone, but your carrier will do that for you if you first explain what you want to do, so they don't cancel your account as the number gets transferred.)

Then you can forward GV to your phone's new number - calls and texts. You can also use Hangouts dialer on any device to also get the texts. (And use an Obihai modem to get the calls on a landline through your home internet connection.)

(And if you ever change carriers, there's no need to worry about porting. Take any number they give you, and change GV to forward to that number.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And there's nothing outside the US that can do it. (Not that that's a good reason to be living in the US right now, but that's for a different forum.)

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
one way is to give your friends a google voice number. it is free. then just forward all calls to your regular number. that is what I do and all messages go to my tablet and my phone.