Why do I keep getting the error message call keeps stopping when I am receiving or making calls and it wont display calls made or recieved
    11-03-2019 08:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Does this persist in Safe Mode?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    11-03-2019 08:24 PM
    Why do I keep getting the error message call keeps stopping when I am receiving or making calls and it wont display calls made or recieved in my j7 samsung
    11-04-2019 05:03 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    11-04-2019 06:15 PM
    Are you using wifi calling at all?
    11-04-2019 06:20 PM
    I have the same issue. I keep getting the notification 'call keeps stopping'. Also, I can't hang up any call i make and I can't even take any call I receive.
    11-16-2019 03:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you see which app is giving you that notification? Is it the Phone app, or something else?
    11-16-2019 04:57 PM
    Ok. I just noticed this today when trying to make a call. I don't know if it happens when I use a direct call icon on the home screen, but if I dial a number on the dial pad or go to recents and click on a dialed number, they call starts, but the screen does not change to the "on a call" screen. It still shows the dial pad or the recents list, and gives the error "Call keeps stopping." with two options to hit. App info and Close app. App info took me to somewhere, can't remember, but hitting Close app does nothing. The call seems to connect (it was an automated system, so I could hear the computer voice thanking me for calling) but I'm unable to do anything to stop the call, exit the call or anything. I have to turn the phone off or restart. I'm using the stock call app that came on the phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown. I haven't found any information on what this could be, so I'm posting to see if anyone can help. Also, I tried it in Safe Mode, and the issue still occurs.

Thanks!
    01-06-2020 04:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30305
    01-06-2020 06:23 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30305
    I've been having the same problem for the past two or three days. I wiped the cache partition, but the problem persists.
    01-13-2020 04:51 PM
    I've been having the same problem for the past two or three days. I wiped the cache partition, but the problem persists.
    Try long pressing the phone app >tap info> scroll to storage and clear data,cache and force stop it
    01-13-2020 04:53 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested, but the problem persists, even after rebooting. I should mention that I also tried clearing the cache and data of the Contacts app and rebooting in Safe Mode. In all cases, I still have the problem. This seems to have started after the phone updated to software version J737VVRU5BSL2.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-13-2020 05:16 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested, but the problem persists, even after rebooting. I should mention that I also tried clearing the cache and data of the Contacts app and rebooting in Safe Mode. In all cases, I still have the problem. This seems to have started after the phone updated to software version J737VVRU5BSL2.
    Your welcome , the only other thing i can suggest is factory reset if you haven't done that .
    01-13-2020 05:27 PM
    Doing a factory reset solved the problem. Lost a whole day trying to restore all my apps and preferences.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-16-2020 08:03 PM
    Doing a factory reset solved the problem. Lost a whole day trying to restore all my apps and preferences.
    Thank you for updating, sorry you had to go through whole day restoring things .
    01-16-2020 09:28 PM
    I am terrified of losing and having to reinstall everything and set preferences all over again. Isn't there anything that has been discovered since this thread originated to cure this problem? Same phone, same msg, same directions followed...
    03-30-2020 08:39 PM
    I am terrified of losing and having to reinstall everything and set preferences all over again. Isn't there anything that has been discovered since this thread originated to cure this problem? Same phone, same msg, same directions followed...
    Hi, welcome !

Nothing else been updated in this thread
    03-30-2020 08:42 PM