Bush 10Nou, android version 8.1.0

On all android devices there are 3 buttons at the bottom - back, minimise and close. On this tablet the buttons are displaying in white with a grey border on a white ribbon. Clicking on these buttons doesn't do anything anymore. So we can't close pages. We have tried resetting to factory settings but this hasn't fixed the problem. Any ideas?
    11-08-2019 02:10 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    11-08-2019 02:16 PM
    11-08-2019 02:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Show us a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register first.

There's a chance that what you're seeing is actually part of the wallpaper (if you're using a screenshot as your wallpaper). Swipe up a little bit from the bottom of the screen -- do you see another nav bar appear?
    Rukbat likes this.
    11-08-2019 03:41 PM
    BTW, that "minimise" button is the recent apps button - you can see all the apps you've been running recently, so you can switch between apps quickly. (Or split the screen, and have 2 apps on-screen at once. Just tap the top icon on the app you want on the top half of the screen and choose spit screen. Then scroll back and forth on the bottom half and choose the app you want on the bottom half. Handy for things like an app that's asking for a login and password and a password manager app.)
    11-09-2019 05:26 PM
    Hi again, now registered. Safe mode didn't work, swipping up from bottom also didn't work. But the tablet did an auto update which has fixed the problem, though for a whole the buttons started to work in landscape but not portrait. Think I'm going to assume a previous update went dodgy and the issue was fixed by the latest update. Thank you all for helping though.
    belodion, mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    11-11-2019 05:38 AM
    Hi again, now registered. Safe mode didn't work, swipping up from bottom also didn't work. But the tablet did an auto update which has fixed the problem, though for a whole the buttons started to work in landscape but not portrait. Think I'm going to assume a previous update went dodgy and the issue was fixed by the latest update. Thank you all for helping though.
    Welcome to Ac forum!
    Thanks for the heads up
    11-11-2019 09:16 AM