Samsung Galaxy S8 Bluethooth Issue (Android Pie and Ford Sync)

Unoproph

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
A few weeks ago after my wife had her Galaxy S8 update to Pie the bluetooth connection with her Ford Sync started having problems by not properly disconnecting when hanging up from a call. It will sit at the screen and not show "End Call". By this happening the music from the radio won't come back and she can't Start or Recieve a new call because it still thinks it's on a call. We had insurance on the phone and had a replacement phone sent out. Unfortunately it has Android Pie on it as well and it has the same problems. Help, it's frustrating that a older flagship phone is having issues after the Pie update. We never had an issue with Oreo on the S8 with Ford Sync. I do have an LG G6 that is recently updated to Android 9 and not having this issue at all with the car.

Last edited:

Unoproph

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
Sorry I can't edit the above response so I made an account to add this bit. I go have an LG G6 that is recently updated to Android 9 and not having this issue at all with the car.

Unoproph

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
I'll give the update download Ford has for it online a chamce. But it is strange it's only happening with the Samsung and not the LG.
Not only the original on but the replacement too. I'm thinking it may be something Samsung did on Android 9 in Bluetooth settings somewhere. Hoping someone else may have run into and resolved this issue. This is on Xfinity Mobile on Verizons network and phone for the MVNO.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'll give the update download Ford has for it online a chamce. But it is strange it's only happening with the Samsung and not the LG.
Not only the original on but the replacement too. I'm thinking it may be something Samsung did on Android 9 in Bluetooth settings somewhere. Hoping someone else may have run into and resolved this issue. This is on Xfinity Mobile on Verizons network and phone for the MVNO.
Also can try in developer settings under bluetooth choose earlier version, helped another member from what I hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87