Why are Facebook Marketplace listings suddenly cut off?

rickwallace

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
I have a Galaxy tab 3 and as of yesterday the listings in Facebook Marketplace are cut off on the left and right sides and images are loading slightly out of sequence. Support at facebook claims they have made no changes to the interface. Listings appear ok when I look the recommendation screen, but when I click on a listing the copy and price is truncated on both sides by 3/8" or so. The images load oddly - pic 1 you can see 90% of it and 10% of the next image, pic 2 is even more off, etc.

I've cleared the cache, force quit the app, run the optimizer, restarted, etc at least 4 times. My next step I guess is to clear the data?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's probably going to take at least a week, maybe more like a month, until they fix it. Facebook doesn't jump right onto little display issues, they're too busy working on the bugs in the site.

ItsMeSB

Dec 31, 2019
Visit site
I've finally found a solution that solved it for me. Within settings DEVICE > SOUND & DISPLAY > Multi-Window. I toggled off, then on and unchecked both options. Don't really know what the "multi-window" feature does, but as long as the issue is gone I'm ok. Hope it works for those having this Marketplace display problem.

Samsung 12" tablet
ItsMeSB

A

Android Central Question

Facebook Marketplace are cut off on the left and right sides

Galaxy TabA SM-T510 Facebook Marketplace are cut off on the left and right sides. Solution of.

"I've finally found a solution that solved it for me. Within settings DEVICE > SOUND & DISPLAY > Multi-Window. I toggled off, then on and unchecked both options. Don't really know what the "multi-window" feature does, but as long as the issue is gone I'm ok. Hope it works for those having this Marketplace display problem."

There isn't any DEVICE > SOUND & DISPLAY in settings.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Facebook Marketplace are cut off on the left and right sides

I don't think you can disable Multi-Window... You can force apps to resize and support Multi-Window in developer options, but that's about it.

Canadianken66

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
I found a solution that works for me on my Galaxy Tab S2. Go to Settings-Display-Screen Zoom and Font. On the Screen Zoom, adjust the slider to the one right before the largest one. Then adjust the slider on the font size to the one right before the middle one.

markymark09

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
i have the same problem with my samsung galaxy tab S4 which is running andriod 9 but it works fine on my on my samsung galaxy S9 which is running andriod 10. Have tried going into setting and doing the display zoom etc but no joy

BOOGI3MAN970

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Re: Facebook Marketplace are cut off on the left and right sides

I had the same problem and my solution was to go into the apps click on facebook and click on change system settings and allow it and it fixed my problem I have a Samsung tab SM-510