Why is my video resolution centered instead of filled on some websites?

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
I have Honor 8x, and on few websites, fullscreen mode doesnt do anything except making background black. My friend has the same phone and he doesnt have the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure it isn't just due to the proportions of the original image? If the proportions of the image don't match the proportions of the screen, then it'll match the width of the screen in order to show the whole image (and not cut off the left and right sides, which is what would happen if it zoomed in to fill the whole screen).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The website determines whether the browser shows it as centered, hugging the right side, hugging the left side, or fills the browser width. There's nothing you can do about it, unless it's your site, and you change the CSS on the site. (Settings like how the site appears are usually in the Style Sheet - which is called CSS.)

So some sites will show one way, some will show another way. This site appears to me as white posts, centered, with both sides filled with light green (or light blue or whatever you want to call that color). I can't make the site appear as fullscreen white boxes - that's the job of the people who develop the site (and I think it looks good the way it is).

The site you showed us the picture of? I don't think it looks good. But that's up to the owner of the site. If you post a link to the site, I can look at it and, if there's something "bad looking" about it, I can look at the source code and see why. But you still can't change it (And neither can I). Why does it look different on your friend's phone? He may be using a different web browser than you are. (This is what drives web designers nuts - people who develop web browsers that don't conform to standards - like Microsoft. [Yes, Microsoft - IE version 5.5 was a complete nightmare.] Edge isn't completely improved - it still misses a few of the industry standards - some by only a couple of pixels, but some by a lot more.)