I dont know if this is the original sim that went to the phone
    12-19-2019 12:40 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! SIM cards don't store data -- they're used to connect your phone to the carrier's network. Why do you need to know if this is the original SIM that came with the phone?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    12-19-2019 01:13 AM
    B., sim cards certainly store and contain personal data.
    12-19-2019 04:26 AM
    B., sim cards certainly store and contain personal data.
    Are you talking about contacts and SMS messages? I figured the OP was asking about the kind of data that is typically saved to an SD card (like photos, files, etc.).
    12-21-2019 12:31 AM
    Are you talking about contacts and SMS messages? I figured the OP was asking about the kind of data that is typically saved to an SD card (like photos, files, etc.).
    Yes, exactly
    12-21-2019 03:41 AM
    Do all phones save that data on the SIM? It's been a long time since I've had a phone that allows me to save contacts to the SIM.
    12-21-2019 11:30 AM
    I know as recent as 9.0 you can still save contacts on your sim card. I haven't been upgraded to 10 yet.
    The very purpose of the sim card op, is to have personally identifiable information. It should never be sold with or transferred to anyone either.
    12-21-2019 02:45 PM
    The very purpose of the SIM card used to be to store contacts, since that was the only place you could store anything on cellphones. Now that the data can be stored internally, or to Drive (on an Android phone, which is the best place to store contacts), contacts shouldn't be stored on the SIM card (because if the card goes bad, you lose your contacts).

If you don't store any personal data on the card, it becomes useless as soon as you either close the account or get a new card from the carrier or MVNO. The card inherently contains 4 pieces of data - the MCC, the MNC, the PUK and the SIM card number - which is how the tower determines which phone is contacting it. (Your phone number is never transmitted.)

There are quite a few apps in Play that can read the contacts on a SIM, and some that can read some of the other data. (You can wrote contacts to the SIM - the other data isn't in writeable storage.)
    12-21-2019 04:53 PM
    You'll have to import them to your sim card .
    12-21-2019 06:26 PM