Why don't my Pixel 2XL 'Favourites' transfer to my car's headunit. It just says 'No Favourites'?

Changi

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
Using Pixel 2XL, my phone 'favourites' is displaying just fine on the phone. When paired to my car's bluetooth, it states ...'No Favourites'.
Connecting via usb cable and using Android Auto, My Favourites show up correctly.
Can you please advise me if this is a Google issue, or could it be a Subaru head-unit problem?
Appreciate any suggestions,

Changi

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
Thanks, Mustang, for your fast response. Not sure about the 'Bluetooth Option', but the car is a 2019 Forester, so I would not have thought that Bluetooth could be the problem. The other phone options eg Contacts, Previous Calls, Keypad, all seem to be ok.

Changi

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
Hi, B. Diddy
Sure does, and the phone works perfectlly if I connect to Android Auto. But I prefer NOT to use AA, and connect wirelessly using Bluetooth. It's no big deal, really, but would just like to know if I could fix it.
Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, Mustang, for your fast response. Not sure about the 'Bluetooth Option', but the car is a 2019 Forester, so I would not have thought that Bluetooth could be the problem. The other phone options eg Contacts, Previous Calls, Keypad, all seem to be ok.
Hi, welcome !
Yeah 2019 car should have Bluetooth, not sure what to try , my own car uses my sync so little different . Maybe b.diddy or other members can help you out on this .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's possible the Favorites in your Phone app don't transfer over to the car's stock system -- it might just transfer the basic contact list, and the Favorites list in the car system is what you manually choose on that system.. You could try contacting the dealer's service center to see if they can clarify how the stock system handles contacts.

Changi

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
it might just transfer the basic contact list, and the Favorites list in the car system is what you manually choose on that system..
Hi, Guys,
B.Diddy, you are indeed correct. The car came with 3 manuals, and I have waded thru 2 of them. The answer is, naturally, in the third manual.
Many thanks to you all, and sorry for any inconvenience.
Changi