I have a moto g7 optimo through straight talk. First thing I did upon setup was uninstall some apps I find useless. But sheets, slides, and docs keep reinstalling. I have no use for them, and they take up quite a bit of space. Any ideas? Google searches on the subject have come up empty.
    01-04-2020 08:38 AM
    You can't disable ?I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here , as a guest account you can't.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    01-04-2020 08:41 AM
    I can't disable them, I remove them, and they come back. It's running android 9. It probably has to do with the straight talk service. It's just annoying. Maybe I should root the darn thing
    01-04-2020 12:30 PM
    I can't disable them, I remove them, and they come back. It's running android 9. It probably has to do with the straight talk service. It's just annoying. Maybe I should root the darn thing
    Hi welcome !
    Let me see if @Javier P available
    01-04-2020 12:49 PM
    Welcome to the forums. They can be uninstalled in my G7+ but I use the three of them so I never did it. Have you noticed when they come back after being removed? Maybe after a system update?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-04-2020 01:04 PM
    Thank you. It seems pretty random, sometimes when I restart it, or open google play store, or update some apps. Of course I've done all those things right now, and its behaving.
    01-04-2020 01:31 PM
    Thank you. It seems pretty random, sometimes when I restart it, or open google play store, or update some apps. Of course I've done all those things right now, and its behaving.
    You could try this. Before uninstalling all those apps again go to settings - apps - select Sides (for example) - force stop - clear defaults - clear data and then uninstall. Do this process for just two of them and the usual uninstall for the rest of them and see what happens.
    01-04-2020 02:47 PM
    Perhaps stop auto updates in Play Store after disabling them.
    01-04-2020 11:30 PM
    Perhaps stop auto updates in Play Store after disabling them.
    Yes try that
    01-05-2020 12:00 AM
    Just to be sure -- when you tried to disable them, you went to Settings>Apps, selected the app, and then tapped Disable, right? Or if there was an Uninstall button instead of Disable, did it then warn you that it was about to restore the factory installed version (which means it's just uninstalling any updates before the app gets disabled)?
    01-05-2020 01:41 AM
    I give up. They reinstalled over night. I've stopped auto updates. B. Daddy, when I uninstall them, they do go completely away, but then reinstall. Must be a tracfone thing. I usually get unlocked motors, and a straight talk sim, but I was in a hurry, and the optimo straight talk phone was cheaper, and available right away.
    01-05-2020 10:42 AM
    Thanks everyone for your help
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-05-2020 10:43 AM
    I give up. They reinstalled over night. I've stopped auto updates. B. Daddy, when I uninstall them, they do go completely away, but then reinstall. Must be a tracfone thing. I usually get unlocked motors, and a straight talk sim, but I was in a hurry, and the optimo straight talk phone was cheaper, and available right away.
    There's something your not doing correctly, it's pretty straight forward to uninstall a app and they don't come back to be installed . If you can I like to see the screenshot where you have uninstall option of at least one of the app?
    01-05-2020 11:41 AM
    I uninstalled Slides from my G7+ after force stop and clear storage. I'll let you know what happens.Slides, sheets, and docs keep reinstalling on moto g7.-screenshot_20200105-145606.jpeg
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-05-2020 11:57 AM
    There's something your not doing correctly, it's pretty straight forward to uninstall a app and they don't come back to be installed . If you can I like to see the screenshot where you have uninstall option of at least one of the app?
    There's always a possibility that some preinstalled app (usually from the carrier) is automatically installing certain apps. I haven't heard of Straight Talk doing this, but it's not out of the question ...
    01-05-2020 12:42 PM
    There's always a possibility that some preinstalled app (usually from the carrier) is automatically installing certain apps. I haven't heard of Straight Talk doing this, but it's not out of the question

That's what I'm thinking
    01-05-2020 12:51 PM
    There's always a possibility that some preinstalled app (usually from the carrier) is automatically installing certain apps. I haven't heard of Straight Talk doing this, but it's not out of the question ...
    It's possible ..
    01-05-2020 01:21 PM
    There's always a possibility that some preinstalled app (usually from the carrier) is automatically installing certain apps. I haven't heard of Straight Talk doing this, but it's not out of the question

That's what I'm thinking
    How long does it take before they install again?
    01-05-2020 01:26 PM
    Sometimes a couple hours, sometimes a day or more. I think I'll give it up. It's probably a straight talk/tracfone thing.
    01-09-2020 04:26 PM
    Sometimes a couple hours, sometimes a day or more. I think I'll give it up. It's probably a straight talk/tracfone thing.
    Sorry
    Definitely strange behavior , usually when u have the option to uninstall they usually don't come back .
    01-09-2020 04:36 PM
    That has been my experience as well. This morning, I disabled the play store then enabled it again. I got a notification that it wanted to finish setup, and listed those three apps. There was no way I could figure out to tell it no, so I muted notifications, and so far they haven't reinstalled. Tomorrow is another day. Thanks for all your suggestions.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-09-2020 04:43 PM
    Clear data
    Force stop
    Disable (deletes - uninstalls) updates (if any)

Should now show Disabled by app name in list of apps.

That's how I do it.

Plus I have Play Store auto updates turned off - manual update only.
    01-10-2020 12:40 AM
    Seems like the OP tried using the Disable option, and for some reason it doesn't work.
    01-10-2020 01:01 AM