Android 10 Contact Issue

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For the life of me I cannot figure out this issue I am having.

I use a nokia 7.1, which used to be able to search contacts (which would search both my outlook and gmail contacts) in any messaging app, within contacts themselves, etc. when using Android 9.

Since upgrading to Android 10, outlook contacts appear in the contacts app, but you cannot search for them.

Also, you cannot search for them in messages or textra, while on a call to add another caller, etc.

Everything has to be done through the contacts app and is a pita.
Permissions and contact sync are turned on. Contacts to display no longer allows me to select multiple accounts to pull from.
It's either or.

Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Contacts app, tap your profile pic at the upper right. What's shown at the very top of the window that appears -- your Google account, your Outlook account, or "Contacts From All Accounts"? (This is how it looks in the Google Contacts app -- I'm not sure if the one that Nokia has is different in appearance.)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
In the Contacts app, tap your profile pic at the upper right. What's shown at the very top of the window that appears -- your Google account, your Outlook account, or "Contacts From All Accounts"? (This is how it looks in the Google Contacts app -- I'm not sure if the one that Nokia has is different in appearance.)

Correct but the search within the contact or text app it doesn't work.
*Correction it now works in the contacts app but doesn't work in the dialer app. It's an android one phone so it's vanilla android. Love it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard for me to test since I only have my contacts in Google Contacts. What permissions does your Phone app have? I assume it has Contacts permission. If Storage permission is currently denied, see what happens if you turn that on.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hard for me to test since I only have my contacts in Google Contacts. What permissions does your Phone app have? I assume it has Contacts permission. If Storage permission is currently denied, see what happens if you turn that on.

All permissions set. I can be staring at a contact and it can't find them. Only certain ones. Now it doesn't matter if it's in Google or not. I wonder if it's a Nokia bug as other users report the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74