My husbands U-Tab 7 wont take a charge any longer

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My husband is currently incarcerated and he has this tablet and just recently it has quit taking a charge. Union Supply has discontinued this hunk of junk , and I am trying to locate a place to find the parts or to learn how we can get his book of this tablet . I dont know the manufacturer or anything and Union Supply was no help at all .

Sajia5606

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Im not sure what I need for this Utab 7

So in response to Mustang 7757 . I am not sure what I need for this as I dont have it in my possession, I am just looking for someone to tell me who makes this so I can contact the manufacturer, I just know it wont take a charge and my husbands book he is writing is on this tablet and I need to find a place that will send it to the institution to him, other than that he will have to send it to me and then I will have to try and get it off this tablet myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sajia5606

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Re: Im not sure what I need for this Utab 7

Thank you Diddy., but I contacted Union Supply and they dont carry that Utab 7 anymore they discontinued it . I just need some help trying to figure out how to get this fixed and not doing very well in that attempt. any help you can give me would greatly be appreciated . Even if I knew what kind of charger maybe I could get the Superintendent involved.

Waiting to here back from you

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I merged your reply to what I'm pretty sure was your original thread.

Chances are it just uses a microUSB port for charging. Use any mobile charger with a microUSB cable and see if that works.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like it uses a separate DC port for charging: https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/xda-assist/tab7-union-suppy-tablet-supplied-to-t3407012. Let me see if I can find any more information about the specific charger.
I would still try the USB port for charging. I have an RCA Voyager tablet (don't laugh, it's for my kids), and it has both USB and a dedicated power port. It can charge with either port, so it's not unheard of. I think when charging via USB, it'll only do so when powered completely down, so that's something to keep in mind if trying that method.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Im not sure what I need for this Utab 7

Thank you Diddy., but I contacted Union Supply and they dont carry that Utab 7 anymore they discontinued it . I just need some help trying to figure out how to get this fixed and not doing very well in that attempt. any help you can give me would greatly be appreciated . Even if I knew what kind of charger maybe I could get the Superintendent involved.

Waiting to here back from you
According to a poster here .https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=415062

It's a mini usb cable (not micro )
Can buy online, best buy ect

This is a correction facility tablet so we have no clue the specs on this .

Mehtore

May 20, 2022
Visit site
All wrong the utab 7 has a pin charger, it's old school charging cable it's cylinder, it's neither mini b, nor micro b or type c. The tablet does have a mini b slot but it's for transferring file's to the tablet, with micro SD card transfer adapter only, it only works for that, if try to charge through the mini b slot could risk frying the tablet.
Your best bet to get it fix is to talk to someone to take it to, electronics class n solder it for him. The pin is really thin too.