Pixel 3 XL easily shuts down, says its due to heat

Centerfoldx

Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
Pixel 3 XL acting up. Shuts itself down due to heat. Checked all running apps, all good. Checked memory space and only use 70%.

Also just found out that if i pressed slightly harder on the notch area, it shuts itself down too. Wth. Took of the screen protector, cleaned it, still does the same.

Not sure whether its hardware or software problem - maybe both. What should i do??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Definitely reach out to Google -- you can do it right from the phone's Settings menu.

Is this only happening when you have the phone on a car mount while driving?

Centerfoldx

Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Definitely reach out to Google -- you can do it right from the phone's Settings menu.

Is this only happening when you have the phone on a car mount while driving?

No, i dont even mount the phone while driving. Sometimes it even shut itself "due to heat" when it's in my jeans pocket or my trouser's back pocket....
anyways yes i was on the phone all night with Google support centre which was great, but the troubleshooting methods they offer were the same as in this forum and Reddit. Will get in contact with them again later tonight. Hopefully it'll help! Thanks heaps.