i have a amicroe touchtab 2e and i want to hard reset it, i have vied many forums and most refer to holding down the power button and the volume up arrow witch works for most adroids however i do not have any other buttons except the power button on top. i can get it into safe mode but thats it at this stage. does any one have an idea?
    03-18-2020 12:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Why do you need to do a hard reset? Does it not boot up properly?

For what it's worth, that's an extremely underpowered and obsolete 8 year old device, so even if you got it working again, chances are it would be virtually useless for modern apps.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-18-2020 01:04 AM
    B.Diddy thanks for your reply however the reason for the rest and the fact that its old is kind of irrelevant to my issue all it did was serve for me to waste time signing up to a forum i will probably never use again. however i will explain in a little more detail.

The tab is actually not mine and im aware its extremely old, it belongs to a friends kid who uses it for what ever games it can run so who am i to argue when i was asked if i could help. As you can imagine kids are forever messing around with things and in there travels they have set a password and forgot what that password is. Normaly its an easy reset fix however as i dont use tabs i come to relise this one does not have the volume buttons. the only clip i have seen regards to this touch tab is some one connected a usb keyboard to it to put it into reset. however i really dont think that would be necessary and i dont have the connection cord for the keyboard/tab connection anyway.
    03-18-2020 02:06 AM
    You would have had to register on the forum to have any kind of useful discussion anyway -- it's not often that a question like this can be answered simply with one response. My question would have been relevant for most cases, which is why I asked (since my strong recommendation for anyone's personal usage would be to discard an obsolete and underpowered device like this one), but thank you for clarifying the reason.

I assume there isn't a pinhole reset button anywhere? These can be easily missed.
    03-18-2020 11:21 AM
    there is a pinhole reset button. when i push and hold it, the device shuts down but thats it , when its restarted it just boots normaly , the problem is i dont think i have the correct procedure to boot this to a point it allows me to reset it . from what i understand the pinhole reset is only there for if the device freezes or gets stuck its like a hard shut down. and please dont misunderstand my preveous comments . i do appreceate any help you could give
    03-19-2020 10:19 PM
    What if you press and hold the pinhole along with the main power button to power it on?
    03-19-2020 11:44 PM