External share broken

Ven Ilagan

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
Tried it on 2 other phones, s5 & m10 with different versions of android and they all behave the same way. Inside messenger itself, the share button works, ie the send/undo button exists on selection list of contacts.... button not there via external share of images (gallery, my files, facebook, etc)
Ergo it might be related to google account or gmail?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
External share/messenger the "send" button disappeared from the list
Forgot to say... samsung s7, android 8.0.0

Maybe shldve titled "send/undo" button gone"
Tried it on 2 other phones, s5 & m10 with different versions of android and they all behave the same way. Inside messenger itself, the share button works, ie the send/undo button exists on selection list of contacts.... button not there via external share of images (gallery, my files, facebook, etc)
Ergo it might be related to google account or gmail?
Have you tried any troubleshooting steps ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep... nothing wrong in messenger, it's the external share into messenger.... forward within messenger works fine...
Even did android system update....
Gotcha , can try settings>general management>reset>reset settings if the share link will work again , keep in mind it will reset how your home page is set up .

Ven Ilagan

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
Ok, thanks mustang7757 but since you said "try" and it might require me to do all that work in fixing my home pages again, I decided that this wasn't a definite sure solution & I might wait for other expert's second opinion! Thank you so much though for your kind attention!!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok, thanks mustang7757 but since you said "try" and it might require me to do all that work in fixing my home pages again, I decided that this wasn't a definite sure solution & I might wait for other expert's second opinion! Thank you so much though for your kind attention!!!
Your welcome , good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12