I have RCA tablets with O/S 8 and 9 (go editions). They are totally useless and so is RCA so-called tech support.

These new versions don't have a steady WiFi connection. It connects for 2 to 3 seconds, then scans and constantly repeats.

What to do?

And no Drive from what I can see.

Thank you.

03-26-2020 10:36 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on any wi-fi network, or only your home network?

Also, remember that Android Go is a stripped-down version of Android. It looks like there is no "Go" version of Drive: https://9to5google.com/2019/10/07/de...10-android-go/. You probably have to access it from the browser.
    03-26-2020 11:31 AM
    I use a secured WiFi (with password) away from home. Never had a problem before with previous RCA tablets. And don't have a problem with other devices.

I've never seen any devices not having a Drive, even phones have Drives.

These Go editions can go right on back to where they came from. What are they - job security projects? Why do they keep fixing things that aren't broke?

Is it possible to install an earlier version like 6 or 7?

My last RCA tablet had a 6. I made the mistake of turning off Bluetooth before I opened the file on the other device. Big Mistake. It just goes crazy now, flashing through all sorts of things. Is there any way of fixing this? It would be nice to use it again - actually stays connected to WiFi.

03-26-2020 12:15 PM
    Android Go is not the same as standard Android, and is intended for super-budget (i.e., super-cheap and extremely underpowered) devices; as such, you can't expect a premium or even midrange experience. There's no "fixing" this, because it's how the system was designed. https://www.android.com/versions/go-edition/

Are you saying that the wi-fi connection still drops away from home? Does this happen when you connect to an open public wi-fi network, like at your local library or coffeeshop?
    03-26-2020 12:22 PM