When I tap the screen near the bottom, such as to start a new message in Textra, the touch seems not to work. Swipe controls work fine near the bottom, as do the control buttons when that box is enabled.

It seems as though the sensitivity zone for swipes is blocking the taps. Has anyone had/resolved this issue?
    04-13-2020 05:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    04-13-2020 06:27 PM
    Definitely need to know which phone , you have a screen protector maybe causing this ?
    04-13-2020 06:37 PM
    Would you happen to have a Samsung running One UI? I was just reading reviews about the latest update where users are complaining that the lower, some are saying 1/4 others are saying 1/3 of the screen is no longer responsive to taps. Unlike apps at the Play Store I don't see any way to uninstall the updates but there are a lot of people complaining so if this is the case hopefully they will put out a patch soon.
    04-13-2020 07:47 PM
    When I tap the screen near the bottom, such as to start a new message in Textra, the touch seems not to work. Swipe controls work fine near the bottom, as do the control buttons when that box is enabled.

It seems as though the sensitivity zone for swipes is blocking the taps. Has anyone had/resolved this issue?
    So a lot of people are blaming a recent One UI update (see reviews on the Galaxy Store).

However this problem was 100% resolved with a phone security update that I downloaded today (dated April 13, unlocked Galaxy S10+ using Cricket Wireless). Hopefully you get an update soon that resolves the issue for you too. It is literally 100% back to perfect for me now.
    mustang7757 and VidJunky like this.
    04-15-2020 02:05 PM