Transformer living up to your expectations?

sloked

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!

I did disable the predictive text and one other thing that slips my mind but maybe I'll try a new keyboard.

Did you mean tue 3.1 update fixed YouTube? Unfortunately I still experience very poor quality video from that and flash.

I saw a report today that the stay etailer stock supplies at steady. Maybe I will try it, as I have a return scheduled.

Of course another concern is the malware in marketplace, but I guess it's just about being vigilant in paying attn to required permissions.

The encryption thing needs to be fixed.

As to malware in the market place, I'm not too sure. I say just be careful on what you download. My rule of thumb is if all of the comments seem to be positive and helpful, I usually trust it. If everyone says it stinks, I don't get it. Same as the app store on iOS.
And yes I mean the 3.1 update. It is night and day with the YouTube app. The TF ships with software that cannot play HD videos. When it is updated with 3.1 it will play YouTube HD content as smooth as my laptop. Put it side by side with a ipad and they look the same. Really! I even like the color on the TF better. The iPad is more yellow than the TF. I tried making a video to prove it, but it is indistinguishable with my camera.
I load my Always Sunny in Philadelphia and HD movies from Demonoid on my sd card and the MoBoPlayer takes over fine with in sync sound even at the end of the episode.
Seriously, you should give the TF a second shot. Right now it can be really awesome!

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I am finally in the market for a tablet and I keep debating between getting this and a refurbed iPad 1. After reading everyone's experiences with the Transformer and some with the iPad, I'm no closer to figuring out which one to get than I was before.

One of the things that the iPad has going for it is the app selection, though Android is getting better. I wish the Netflix app was out for Android tablets. But one thing the iPad has going against it is (I heard) there is no way in Safari to set websites to full sites. I believe it was always default to the mobile site. The lack of flash is also disappointing but I don't know if it will be a deal killer or not yet because sometimes it's hard to tell what is flash and html5.

Hopefully I can figure out what to get soon.

P.S., is the Amazon AppStore available on Honeycomb?

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I am finally in the market for a tablet and I keep debating between getting this and a refurbed iPad 1. After reading everyone's experiences with the Transformer and some with the iPad, I'm no closer to figuring out which one to get than I was before.

One of the things that the iPad has going for it is the app selection, though Android is getting better. I wish the Netflix app was out for Android tablets. But one thing the iPad has going against it is (I heard) there is no way in Safari to set websites to full sites. I believe it was always default to the mobile site. The lack of flash is also disappointing but I don't know if it will be a deal killer or not yet because sometimes it's hard to tell what is flash and html5.

Hopefully I can figure out what to get soon.

P.S., is the Amazon AppStore available on Honeycomb?

In all honesty there really arent that many if any at all applications on the apple app store that arent on the android market. Sure the app store has more apps, but finding what you need can easily be done with the android market.

h00ligan

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
As to malware in the market place, I'm not too sure. I say just be careful on what you download. My rule of thumb is if all of the comments seem to be positive and helpful, I usually trust it. If everyone says it stinks, I don't get it. Same as the app store on iOS.
And yes I mean the 3.1 update. It is night and day with the YouTube app. The TF ships with software that cannot play HD videos. When it is updated with 3.1 it will play YouTube HD content as smooth as my laptop. Put it side by side with a ipad and they look the same. Really! I even like the color on the TF better. The iPad is more yellow than the TF. I tried making a video to prove it, but it is indistinguishable with my camera.
I load my Always Sunny in Philadelphia and HD movies from Demonoid on my sd card and the MoBoPlayer takes over fine with in sync sound even at the end of the episode.
Seriously, you should give the TF a second shot. Right now it can be really awesome!

Hmm, you really have me wondering if I just have something wrong with mine (beyond the screen issues, etc). I wish I could take a vid of the YouTube differences because it's night and day, even sitting right next to my router. On the wifi front, I'm not sure what the range and strength issues are, but I wonder if it's some aggressive power management.

I agree the white balance of the iPad is not as good, and prefer the colors in the transformer. I will have to try moboplayer. I bought another launcher which seems to speed things up..but for some reason the author felt a need to leave a really really ugly logo that I can't seem to be rid of, a bit cheeky for a paid product IMO.

As to the discussion of the app availability. Whilst I agree you can find apps to do what you want, they are not as available, there are not s many choices, and they usually aren't as good. Even the ports. Look at USA today on an iPad then honeycomb...

I still haven't found a newsreader that is good. Newser is very simple, honey reader is not a layout I care for..and things like pulse I've never fancied on the iPad either.

Games are certainly not widely available for native res.

Tere are a ton more utility choices. and it's great beingable to try out different browsers.

It's not doom and gloom from me. I see android passing iOS shortly, I just don't think it has yet.