Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums - Please report your bugs here!

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Are there any stats for migration to the new site/format, comparisons of before to after?

With the AC Forums App still working, I guess for many it doesn't even make a difference. However, would be interesting to know if there has been any apparent impact on number of users, number of visits, visits per user per time period, posts per user per time period, posts overall, etc. Simply from an anecdotal perspective of course.

Something else, would also be interesting to know some points about pros/cons for what was behind the motivation to switch. Obviously, there must have been very clear compelling reasons for needing to switch, and therefore any potential negative impact of the switch would also already have been factored into the decision. All of that would I think be interesting to know more about.

Reactions: Grabber5.0

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Are there any stats for migration to the new site/format, comparisons of before to after?

With the AC Forums App still working, I guess for many it doesn't even make a difference. However, would be interesting to know if there has been any apparent impact on number of users, number of visits, visits per user per time period, posts per user per time period, posts overall, etc. Simply from an anecdotal perspective of course.

Something else, would also be interesting to know some points about pros/cons for what was behind the motivation to switch. Obviously, there must have been very clear compelling reasons for needing to switch, and therefore any potential negative impact of the switch would also already have been factored into the decision. All of that would I think be interesting to know more about.
@Bla1ze can answer that for you .

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Still kind of early to tell anything really. It's rather typical to lose some traffic when the forums change because it's just a simple fact, people hate change and they generally shy away from it initially but they tend to embrace it a bit more over time. Plus, people try accessing old bookmarks and login paths and perhaps don't find them and don't really investigate further etc etc. As far as I can tell though, new posts do seem to be seeing an uptick.

The old forum software was well.. old and starting to break down and there was no room for growth or improvements. The systems we were using didn't match that of other systems in the organization so one site was running one system, while another site was running something entirely different.

That creates additional cost, additional work, different infrastructure, different knowledge sets etc. With everything running the same system in the same infrastructure, we're able to control costs, have knowledgeable people working on the sites and more.

Plus, Xenforo (the forum system we now use) offers a ton more additional features and improvements that we can build onto, make use of in an effort to offer you all a better community for discussion. We can do things with this software that were simply not possible on the old software and we're looking to explore all of that in the future.

Unfortunately, that's not an overnight thing however, there's still much to be improved in the coming weeks and months here on Android Central. As you can tell, there's still a lot of the "old stuff" kicking around, so there's plenty of organizing and optimizing to do still but this was the best way forward.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The forums aren't loading in the Tapatalk app today on my Pixel 7. Loading okay on the S21. Normally it's the opposite.
Edit: guess it was time to log out and back in again. Thinking about it, that's what fixed it on my S21.

Last edited:

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
This forum went missing from my Tapatalk today. Search couldn't even find it to try to re-add it.

It was fine yesterday.

Reactions: Rodawg71

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah Tapatalk seems down and that means the Forum app also , don't forget these apps errors are Tapatalk not the Site so have to wait for Tapatalk to fix these issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo