The device is asking for a password

Djmekinac

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
When I powered my unit, there was a message saying that the user data could be wipe by pressing volume up or cancelled by pressing volume down. I don't know what has been pressed, I may have pressed either one while I was manipulating the tablet. The end result is a screen with the android logo asking to enter my password and the device won't start without it. Of course, I do not have that password! Help anyone.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you reset phone. Did you get to screen to "tap here" to begin? If so, next screen should be the sign in page. Try you gmail address and password ( for gmail account) .

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Djmekinac

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you reset phone. Did you get to screen to "tap here" to begin? If so, next screen should be the sign in page. Try you gmail address and password ( for gmail account) .

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I don't think it is the case, here is a picture of the screen I get when I try to boot the tablet.

P1000470.jpg

Djmekinac

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is the case, here is a picture of the screen I get when I try to boot the tablet.

P1000470.jpg
I solved the problem, I powered the device in recovery mode (power + vol down) and selected the wipe data option. It rebooted and I had to configure the device like the first time I used it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana