setup wizard crashes when creating new user profile on MeMO Pad 7

ebow

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I just got a new Asus MeMO Pad 7 (ME176CX), set it up, and now I'm trying to create a new restricted user profile (for my kids). I can create the profile from my main owner's settings panel, but when I switch over to it, I immediately get the error message*"Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped". And then I cannot do anything other than push the power button twice (to turn off the screen and then get me back to the unlock screen) to return to the owner's account.*

I already tried several things: I deleted the profile and tried creating another one. I tried creating a normal, non-restricted profile. I did a factory reset of the tablet. None of these helped.*

Why is the setup wizard crashing all the time? How am I supposed to get past this problem to set up a secondary, restricted profile? If I can't create a limited account for my kids, this tablet is no good to me and I'll need to return it. I have submitted a ticket with Asus tech support, but... we'll see...*

If this is the out-of-the-box experience for a brand new Asus tablet, should I expect things to get better, assuming this problem can be addressed, or should I just give in a get a Galaxy Tab 4?*

ebow

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, never got a notification about your post. I never figured it out and ended up returning the Memo Pad within a few days of buying it.