Can't adjust brightness....

BlackBriar12

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Got my Infinity yesterday - loving it so far. I was worried after all the negativity on the forums over the last few weeks, but I couldn't be happier.

My one issue is with the brightness of the screen. I know some people have taken issue with the auto-dimming feature. I have the complete opposite problem - I can't adjust the brightness of my screen! Moving from balanced to power saving to performance makes no difference. Turning on Super IPS? No difference. Sliding the IPS slider makes no difference either.

Am I doing something bone-headed? Anyone else have this problem?

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Got my Infinity yesterday - loving it so far. I was worried after all the negativity on the forums over the last few weeks, but I couldn't be happier.

My one issue is with the brightness of the screen. I know some people have taken issue with the auto-dimming feature. I have the complete opposite problem - I can't adjust the brightness of my screen! Moving from balanced to power saving to performance makes no difference. Turning on Super IPS? No difference. Sliding the IPS slider makes no difference either.

That is very odd. I'm assuming its stuck on one mode (not automatic) at the moment regardless if you go outside or in darken room. You also tried adjusting the Settings under Display and or clicking on the bottom right screen to bring up the scroll window to select adjust the display toggle that way?

Also check if you have any background Apps that control control power or display settings and force stop them to see if you regain display control. Some Apps are poorly programmed and can conflict with manufacturer environmental controlled settings sometimes.

Just some suggestions otherwise, I'm kind of at lost aside from the normal canned answer "reboot and install latest firmware or do a factory reset".

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you rebooted the device? Always try that first

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I've both rebooted multiple times, and reset the tablet multiple times. I recorded the following video to hopefully illustrate this better:

Asus Transformer Infinity screen brightness issue - YouTube

The screen can dim, as the video shows, it just doesn't respond to any changes in brightness settings.

Grateful for any ideas!

You did a factory reset? Well then, maybe you should return it...that might be a hardware issue, I don't know.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The screen can dim, as the video shows, it just doesn't respond to any changes in brightness settings.

Grateful for any ideas!

Try this, download a brightness widget from the market, place on one of the home screens, and toggle it on/off/high/low/etc and see if that does something.

Could be Asus skin over android isn't "wired" (ie coded) correctly when communicating with the hardware, or could be the hardware itself is being told what to do, thinks it's doing it, but we don't see a change as the hardware has limited us.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

BlackBriar12

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Try this, download a brightness widget from the market, place on one of the home screens, and toggle it on/off/high/low/etc and see if that does something.

Could be Asus skin over android isn't "wired" (ie coded) correctly when communicating with the hardware, or could be the hardware itself is being told what to do, thinks it's doing it, but we don't see a change as the hardware has limited us.

I just tried a number of different battery widgets - no dice

Looks like it's just a really, really strange hardware fault as I would have thougt if it were a software issue then other people would be reporting it.

Back to Amazon it goes!

BlackBriar12

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

I just tried a number of different battery widgets - no dice

Looks like it's just a really, really strange hardware fault as I would have thougt if it were a software issue then other people would be reporting it.

Back to Amazon it goes!

Rachel Taylor82

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95