My phone gets black oftenly and has to be restarted

Emvyku

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
Hello, i am still new to the forum. I use an Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.

My phone often lags,and i always had to restart it

I tried to search for the answers online. I tried to clear the cache, i moved all my files to my laptop, uninstall useless app.

I wouldn't say it worked well. After a few weeks, my phone became worse. It always shutdown or restart itself. For example, when i used whatsapp video call,or installing a new app on play store,the phone started to shut down. If not, the phone went black,and i had to force shut down. When i turned it back on, my whatsapp kind of like just being reset. But after a while, i opened it again and it just couldn't work. I tried other apps, and its all the same. They would not open,even my gallery.

So i reset my phone,and nothing changed. I only installed whatsapp at the moment. But resetting didn't fix the problem. I gave up, i install other apps(only important apps) cause i still have an online learning. And it got worse.

Homestly,I can't predict when exactly my phone will go black. It scares me.

I do have an option to update OS btw. Should i consider buying a new phone?

Thank you, looking forward for the answers soon:)

Emvyku

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
That's a sure sign. Either bring the phone to a repair shop to get the battery replaced, or look into getting a newer phone.

So i just bought a new battery, and my smartphone has never been that better. It didn't shut down or restart like it used to, and i don't have to recharge it many times in a day. Thank you <3

Apparently, my battery's shape has changed. Probably that's the reason why. I always thought about the software and forgot about the hardware.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So i just bought a new battery, and my smartphone has never been that better. It didn't shut down or restart like it used to, and i don't have to recharge it many times in a day. Thank you <3

Apparently, my battery's shape has changed. Probably that's the reason why. I always thought about the software and forgot about the hardware.
Glad to hear everything good again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Glad it's working better now! If you mean that the battery was swollen, then it's a good thing you caught it -- a swollen battery could have meant it was at increased risk for leakage, fire, or explosion!