How to enable 2g data on 2nd SIM ?

texla

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I have enabled data on my first SIM no problem. But now I have a second SIM with data and I want to use it in 2g in case I run out of data on the first. But every time i turn off the 1st SIM, I get no service on 2nd.

Is there a way to enable data on 2nd SIM? Also is there a way to disable data on 1st SIM to test the 2nd SIM? Doesn't this phone have data available in both Sims even if the 2nd is only 2g? Thanks

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
No unfortunately you can't use data on the 2nd SIM at all. That is the way the phone is designed. You would have to physically switch the SIMs.

texla

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
That's what it looks like but i had read in numerous forums that the 2nd SIM used 2g only. I thought that was ok in a pinch but no data at all is a real bummer. Maybe that was on the earlier 500 model?

Josh Exmoor

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I was confused by this as well. I'm not sure why they said "2G" rather than voice/text only. Asus confirmed to me in another message that no data ability exists all. The big impact from this, for me at least, is that I can't receive or send MMS messages from SIM 2.

texla

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Oh right that's why some picture messages aren't going through... so what is this 2 sim thing good for after it's been so limited?

RAJESH DOHARE

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to enable 2g data on 2nd SIM of asuszenfone2?

kindly tell me solution and suggest the about software to how can use 2nd sim data of my asus zenfone2