2nd bad Boost Infinite SIM in a Month

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
My Pixel 8 Pro lost calls, texts and data this morning. Wi-Fi still works. It was complicated by the fact that the Google Store fixed it 02/29. I also had a bad SIM which I replaced and got swapped to my phone number 02/19.

Confusing I know. Everything has been working great since 03/01. Today after taking it off the wireless charger (Pixel Stand 2) I noticed that mobile wasn't working. I jumped to the conclusion that the phone was still broken. I got an RMA to go through that again.

Just for giggles (I am not laughing ) I put the SIM in another phone. It doesn't work.

Now I have to call Boost Infinite (again) to SIM swap my phone number again. I still have a spare.

I'll do it tomorrow.

WTF????

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd just switch to eSim (provided Boost allows it) unless you do a lot of SIM card swapping between devices. No point in using a physical SIM card if you don't have to and less to worry about.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd just switch to eSim (provided Boost allows it) unless you do a lot of SIM card swapping between devices. No point in using a physical SIM card if you don't have to and less to worry about.

This was going to my suggestion, how dare you.

Also OP, consider trying a different charger. Maybe yours is busted and frying cards. Get one from Anker on Amazon and see if it fries the card.
If it doesn't, it's the current charger. If it does then there's something wrong with your phone or you're getting a bad batch of SIM cards.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Soligna

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It's hands down Boost Infinite. I've also had two bad SIMs from them in a row, I believe I posted about this back on your previous post as well. Funny enough, I'm on Boost Mobile now and it's working great, no issues.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter