Experiment battery saver technique

Albert Tan888

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Draine my battery till 3%. Instead of using my asus quick charger that comes with the package, i used my asus zenfone 6 oem charger instead and this is the result i get (pic posted below) usually with zf 2 charger i get 10 to 12 hours average but this is the first time i saw this kind of numbers on my batt chart.

Posted via the Android Central App - ASUS Zenfone 2 Z551ML

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you hadn't even used your phone at all since there is no screen use showing in your battery stats and you have airplane mode on. You still lost 22% under those circumstances. That's pretty bad.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
It looks like you hadn't even used your phone at all since there is no screen use showing in your battery stats and you have airplane mode on. You still lost 22% under those circumstances. That's pretty bad.
Yeah, that's not good. This scheme of running the battery down to 3% I assume to make sure of a full charge, is not necessary. The battery will get a full charge without draining it. Plus, draining a battery to less than 20-30% is hard on it. Doing it regularly would shorten a battery's service life considerably.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it's doubtful , but I can't say for sure. The thing about quick chargers is they generate heat, which decreases battery life over time. But you shouldn't see a difference in one charge. I use an older non quick charging charger for overnight charging to save the long term battery life of the phone. I use the quick charger for quick mid day charges, most days I don't need it actually it lasts me 15 hours a day or more 9am to 12 roughly.

I get better battery life than a lot of people seem to, I average 4 -5 hours SOT, but is that because I have it carefully configured, no wifi, auto start manager and most app syncing turned way down , but does my charging habits help? I think it more likely to be how i have my phone configured. But quick charging is quite new, I'm not sure we know all of the short and long-term effects on a battery.

We do however know that draining the battery all the way down to 3% isn't good for the long term health of the battery, I normally have at least 10% when I plug it in. Tonight I'm plugging it in at 41%. Same 15 hour day but a lighter usage day. Only 3 hours SOT

Albert Tan888

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply been busy and testing outbmy theory since my last post. I turned on the radio the whole night as suggested( not in airplane mode like last time) waited for my batt to be at least 18%, did a slow charged using my zf 6 charger yesterday afternoo, slept thru night and now as of posting just woke up and this is what i get(on average with radio on since last post using this technique).

Attachments

• 8415.jpg
    8415.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 23

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply been busy and testing outbmy theory since my last post. I turned on the radio the whole night as suggested( not in airplane mode like last time) waited for my batt to be at least 18%, did a slow charged using my zf 6 charger yesterday afternoo, slept thru night and now as of posting just woke up and this is what i get(on average with radio on since last post using this technique).

Are you saying you lost 42%while you were sleeping and not using your phone? You shouldn't be using more than 2% of battery over night in most cases.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Think your problem is syncing data like email and so on... Turn all that crap off plus use the start app manager just looks like ur phone is not setup right.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Albert Tan888

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Are you saying you lost 42%while you were sleeping and not using your phone? You shouldn't be using more than 2% of battery over night in most cases.

Nope 4pm was the time i got 100 percent used my phone till 8pm then left it as it is till i woke up 9am the following day. From 4 to 8pm it was about 60%.then its all idle on the same exact setting and the picture i attached is 9am the following day when i woke up.

Greg Froning

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I just got one a few days ago and have been averaging about 5 hours screen on time so far. I'm little over 2 hours right now and have 65% battery left. Seems to be working pretty well for me and I am on latest firmware.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Same here I get average 5 to 6 hrs screen on with out a problem tho I did also root the phone will unroot when 5.1 comes out that is if it helps otherwise staying rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38