Android 6.0

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Reading more and more from folks who went ahead and downloaded the update and I'm getting the sense that I should avoid it at all costs.

Sounds like a total cluster.

ccontard

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Wowzers.

Sooo...we no longer can move apps to the SD card, I'm losing my Asus email box (which worked fine for me) and various other things are disappearing. So how is updating to this a "win"? Seems like a step back.

But ASUS Mail, like most of the other pre-loaded stuff, only goes away if you do a factory reset, and my understanding is that, even in that case, it's still available in the Play Store if you want it.

As for App2SD, yeah, that's a very individual preference. I don't use it, but I'm not all people.

ETA: One nice thing about this update is that ASUS gives you an out, in that they have a downloadable file that allows you to revert to L if you're not happy.

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Reading more and more from folks who went ahead and downloaded the update and I'm getting the sense that I should avoid it at all costs.

Sounds like a total cluster.

I did the update manually and everything was good kinda except the proximity sensor not working. Can't end calls when the screen stays black and can't get it back on. Factory wipe/reset did T fix the issue either. So I rolled back to lollipop. Adoptable storage not being enabled was another strike on marshmallow. Enabling the option just screwed the SD card up. Bummer

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I like it on my ZenFone. Don't seem to have the issues others are having, which is fine for me but I totally get why others are leery of it.

sonny27272

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
my zenphone OS corrupted when i am trying to update the system and suddenly have brown out. How can i load the android os for my zenphone please help me.

washburn_it

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Mine had the proximity sensor issue after the upgrade to MM and since I used the phone for work, it was pretty unusable.
So I installed the "downgrade update" and got back to Lollipop again with which the phone ran really good.
Then I gave it to my wife and I bought a different phone.
I would like to know what was the reasons that determined such a problematic and delayed upgrade.
Regards,

Roberto

Raiders76

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Blaize19, What did you do to update Play services? I just upgraded to 6.0 runs great just need to fix Play services.

Well I did what you are suppose to do the Backup& Reset. Wow what a difference the zenfone 2 runs great with the .223 update. Just make sure you do your backup right with Google and double check your contacts are on the sim card. Took the phone off the charge at 6 am used it on and off at work tonight at 9:30 I still had 29% left after doing a couple of videos.

Last edited: