Asus Zenpad S 8.0 Z580CA USB problem

JohnBC

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
Having problems with the USB the tablet charges ok when plugged into PC and wall but weird thing is it won't charge when the tablet is off in the wall only charges ok when off when plugged into PC, I notice also battery goes down even when it's plugged in to charge when using tablet only. I'm also getting an error when plugged into PC can't use it to transfer files says unknown usb device. I tried different adapters and usb cord doesn't fix the problem so don't think that's the problem.

Attachments

• dde.PNG
    dde.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 5
  • 55.PNG
    55.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 5

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome!

Have you tried different cables and chargers?
Edit: scratch the comment , I reread again .

Make sure charger port is clean , if so go setting>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap >choose system apps find USB and clear it's data cache and force stop it

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried different cables and chargers?

OP mentioned already trying that.

I'm also getting an error when plugged into PC can't use it to transfer files says unknown usb device

This would make me think the problem lies with the tablet's USB port. Make sure it's clear of any debris by blowing it out with a can of compressed air. Also try cleaning the contacts with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. If the problem persists, you'd probably have to look into replacing the port, if possible.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

OP mentioned already trying that.

This would make me think the problem lies with the tablet's USB port. Make sure it's clear of any debris by blowing it out with a can of compressed air. Also try cleaning the contacts with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. If the problem persists, you'd probably have to look into replacing the port, if possible.
Yeah I was middle of editing it :)

JohnBC

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
I did try cleaning it that didn't work....so does this mean I'd be looking at changing the port? btw I did forget to mention one big part which I probably should of said is this all started after I dropped my tablet and the whole back panel came off it.

Thank you guys for the help I appreciate it!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In that case, the drop might have also disrupted some connection. Either way, I think you'd have to bring it to a repair shop.