Has Best Buy given up selling ZW 2 in stores now?

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was lucky enough to get the 45mm watch in early January of this year at Best Buy (must have been a return), but since November, I've noticed that none of our local stores (we have 4 within 30 mins of home) carry any of the watches anymore. They have a display, but that's it. Not even any accessories. Every time I check for stock, it says available 7 days from the day I cehck..then 7 days go by, it says another 7 days availability...been like that for months.

I asked a blue shirt this weekend what was up and he looked for stock elsewhere in his system and he said it stated "Discontinued". I wasn't aware of that since it's a new item.

Reason I was curious is my wife hinted she'd like one for Mother's Day but there are none to be found locally.

I may resort to just getting her the Pebble Round. :(

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky enough to get the 45mm watch in early January of this year at Best Buy (must have been a return), but since November, I've noticed that none of our local stores (we have 4 within 30 mins of home) carry any of the watches anymore. They have a display, but that's it. Not even any accessories. Every time I check for stock, it says available 7 days from the day I cehck..then 7 days go by, it says another 7 days availability...been like that for months.

I asked a blue shirt this weekend what was up and he looked for stock elsewhere in his system and he said it stated "Discontinued". I wasn't aware of that since it's a new item.

Reason I was curious is my wife hinted she'd like one for Mother's Day but there are none to be found locally.

I may resort to just getting her the Pebble Round. :(

ZW2 is kind of old news now, unfortunately. I don't envy the guys (well, I kind of do...) who have to keep those stores stocked with what's relevant and hip.

If you're looking for alternatives, I love my Microsoft Band. I replaced my pebble a few months ago and haven't looked back.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks...I don't like Windows phones/wearables. I'm going to stick with Android related wearable for time being.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So just order the thing and have it shipped to your home. That's what I did. Got it in two days.

Stores with local presences are increasingly not stocking slower-movers. It's annoying, but, at least they have demo models so you can see what things are like IRL. If they don't have even demos, then I tend to resort to Amazon.

And it does look like BB has chosen to stop locally-stocking ZW2s. When I bought mine they had some local stock of some models at some stores. Now, spot-checking, it appears they no longer do.

For my purposes: The Pebbles did not impress.

Jim

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer