Outlook Calendar Syncing

Jason Zeyer

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I did not see an answer for this with a basic search. So, my apologies of this has been answered elsewhere. But, I just received a ZenWatch 2 for Christmas and we use a shared Outlook calendar in my house to coordinate home activities. I see some of the watch faces allow for an "upcoming events" counter or notification. Is there any way to have this tied to my Outlook calendar? I've tried a couple of apps that supposedly do this. But, they seem to just add another calendar app to the watch that needs to be called up separately (and consequently never did sync either). Thanks in advance for any help. It is a fantastic device so far!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless the Outlook calendar is 'tied' to your phone's internal calendar, I'm afraid the watchfaces won't be able to access it (hence, the need for a 3rd party app and watchface). AFAIK, the Outlook app for non-Exchange accounts only downloads the calendar to its own app. But if it shows up on your phone's calendar, you should be able to use it on your watch, just make sure that the watch has permission to access events and that it is set up to display all calendars

Jason Zeyer

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll have to check the settings for the phone's calendar then and see if I can add my Outlook calendar to it. I use the Outlook app on the phone to display the calendar through a widget right now.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, IIRC that won't 'publish' it to your phone's calendar. I use Nine as my E-Mail client, and that does make my calendar available to my phone (one the big reasons I started using Nine, actually) BUT I think that only works for Exchange accounts, not free Outlook ones :(

However, I think you can add your Outlook account to your phone and just set it to sync Calendar. You'll have two copies if you use the Outlook app, but that way your watch would see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty