Duplicate alerts: How do I stop the Calendar from sending notifications?

gf1701

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I use Digical as my calendar app. If I understand correctly, calendar apps like Digical are tied to the Calendar calendar that comes with Android, so any events I save in Digical also appear in that calendar (it is the Google calendar, is it not?). With my previous phone, I received event notifications only from Digical. I don’t remember changing any settings for Calendar (just looked at that phone, and notifications are allowed for Calendar). But on my new phone, a Samsung Galaxy S23+, I’m getting notifications from both Digical and Calendar. I turned off notification permission for Calendar (I checked, and it’s still off). Yet it is still sending me notifications. I don’t understand why. I notice that in the alert, following the title I gave the event, Calendar displays my Gmail e-mail address. Gmail is allowed to notify me when I receive e-mails (it was not on my old phone). Does it being connected to my Gmail account somehow override the Calendar’s lack of permission to notify? Or am I just missing or misunderstanding some key concepts about how this all works?

gf1701

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I stumbled across the solution. Was looking at my list of apps, for some reason, and noticed that there are two named Calendar. No idea which is which, but one of them had notification permission (the other was the one I had turned off). I turned it ff.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I use Digical as my calendar app. If I understand correctly, calendar apps like Digical are tied to the Calendar calendar that comes with Android, so any events I save in Digical also appear in that calendar (it is the Google calendar, is it not?). With my previous phone, I received event notifications only from Digical. I don’t remember changing any settings for Calendar (just looked at that phone, and notifications are allowed for Calendar). But on my new phone, a Samsung Galaxy S23+, I’m getting notifications from both Digical and Calendar. I turned off notification permission for Calendar (I checked, and it’s still off). Yet it is still sending me notifications. I don’t understand why. I notice that in the alert, following the title I gave the event, Calendar displays my Gmail e-mail address. Gmail is allowed to notify me when I receive e-mails (it was not on my old phone). Does it being connected to my Gmail account somehow override the Calendar’s lack of permission to notify? Or am I just missing or misunderstanding some key concepts about how this all works?
You should be able to mute the calendar notifications and change perm.issions as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter