Wear OS

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Not that there are many left that haven't already given up on this watch, but it's a shame that a barely 1 year old device is left out of a major update. I will think twice before ever buying another Asus product.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've not given up on it. I actually see some hope. Wear OS can be updated via software updates now, so we don't have to wait on the manufacturer. And there are a slew of designer watches with Wear OS on them, so even if it isn't a name like Fitbit or Apple Watch, I still think it has a chance.

Mind you, I often give thought to if I just need a Fitbit Versa if I am more concerned with health. Google Fit has never felt complete and I don't want to have to rely on third party health apps.

But for now, still staying the course with Wear OS

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not happy that the Zenwatch 3 will not be getting Wear OS. ASUS left its customers out in the cold. They should have at least maintained the current watch for at least another year.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've not given up on it. I actually see some hope. Wear OS can be updated via software updates now, so we don't have to wait on the manufacturer. And there are a slew of designer watches with Wear OS on them, so even if it isn't a name like Fitbit or Apple Watch, I still think it has a chance.

Mind you, I often give thought to if I just need a Fitbit Versa if I am more concerned with health. Google Fit has never felt complete and I don't want to have to rely on third party health apps.

But for now, still staying the course with Wear OS

I think he just means he's given up on Asus in particular because they won't be updating their watches to Wear OS. I'm pretty peaved that my ZenWatch 2 won't be getting the update never mind people like him who have the ZenWatch 3 which hasn't been out long at all. Asus cancelled their wearable side of things right after they released that watch leaving no support or specific updates for it going forward

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Not sure how relevant this is but FWIW, my moto 360 gen2 was dropped LONG ago (years ago IIRC) by Moto.

I got the WearOS update a little over a week ago like this...

I accidentally ran my watch on AW2.9 until the battery died one evening. I charged it on the dock for about an hour and re booted the watch late at night. Once it powered back on with ~85% charge I got an update notice on my phone for WearOS. I followed that, installed Wear OS on the phone and the watch on its own followed suit. I can not tell if the watch update was pushed over from the phone, or if playstore on the watch pulled in the update from the mother ship...???

So far so good... I have been on WearOS for 3-4 days and all is well. Its a little laggy here and there, but thats OK by me....Works fine.

So by all outward appearances as near as I can tell... motorola has no involvement with software updates.

Hopefully ASUS and other older devices can be maintained the same way.????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez