Best Buy claims ASUS requested all ZenWatches shipped back to them...

nathan513

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was in Best Buy on Sunday checking out the different smart watches. I ended up buying a black steel Moto 360, but I saw the ZenWatch display and asked if I could check one out (ZenWatch was a close second place on my list and I wanted to get some hands-on time before I made my final decision). The guy at BB (who actually did seem very knowledgeable about the watches) told me that they don't have any of the ZenWatches in stock. He claimed ASUS originally sent them out to BB, then not long after, requested that they be removed from display and all remaining inventory sent back to ASUS. He said the email making this request came from ASUS themselves. Just curious if anyone else has heard anything similar. I can only think of a couple reasons for something like this to actually occur - the most likely being ASUS may have discovered a flaw/problem and wanted them recalled to correct the problem before it hit the mainstream and they will send new/corrected ones back out once the problems in manufacturing/software are resolved. Either that, or this guy didn't know what he was talking about or was misinformed.

Your thoughts?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I was in Best Buy on Sunday checking out the different smart watches. I ended up buying a black steel Moto 360, but I saw the ZenWatch display and asked if I could check one out (ZenWatch was a close second place on my list and I wanted to get some hands-on time before I made my final decision). The guy at BB (who actually did seem very knowledgeable about the watches) told me that they don't have any of the ZenWatches in stock. He claimed ASUS originally sent them out to BB, then not long after, requested that they be removed from display and all remaining inventory sent back to ASUS. He said the email making this request came from ASUS themselves. Just curious if anyone else has heard anything similar. I can only think of a couple reasons for something like this to actually occur - the most likely being ASUS may have discovered a flaw/problem and wanted them recalled to correct the problem before it hit the mainstream and they will send new/corrected ones back out once the problems in manufacturing/software are resolved. Either that, or this guy didn't know what he was talking about or was misinformed.

Your thoughts?

Weird, I did not hear about this! I also just bought a Moto 360 as the asus was a runner up.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Other reason could be to redistribute inventory to other channels.. The watch is in short supply and could be that whatever didn't sell in retail Bb for the holidays can be used to fulfill online orders of other channels or countries.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87